Bio-Cellular Treatment Overview
Regenerative medicine physicians at MRM are among several in the region to offer autologous bio-cellular treatments to relieve pain, promote functional improvement, and regenerate tissue for degenerative skin, soft tissue, and musculoskeletal conditions. Bio-cellular treatments at MRM involve the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and/or others.
There are no bio-cellular treatments at MRM that are administered intravenously, within the spine, or within the central nervous system (CNS).
PRP and/or other bio-cellular agents, are currently being used at MRM to treat the following degenerative musculoskeletal, skin, and soft tissue conditions:
- Osteoarthritis (also known as degenerative joint disease or DJD)
- Chronic tendinitis (tendon inflammation or degeneration)
- Avascular necrosis of bone or a non-healing fracture
- Partially torn tendon
- Partially torn ligament or significant sprain
- Painful orthopedic conditions
- Shoulder labrum tear, degenerative rotator cuff, or frozen shoulder
- Painful meniscus tear involving the knee
- Degenerative skin conditions involving the face or body, scars, or areas with skin dimpling or fat loss (depressed acne scars)
- Male erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Peyronie’s Disease (PD)
- A desire for penile girth enhancement with the ManShot (autologous fat grafting or fat transfer)
Because PRP treatments and/or other bio-cellular agetns at MRM uses the patient’s own regenerative cells, there is no chance of tissue rejection or allergic reaction.