PRP is simply blood plasma with concentrated platelets containing bioactive agents such as growth factors, cytokines, peptides, and proteins that are vital to initiating and promoting natural wound healing, tissue repair and regeneration.
Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatments Overview
Autologous (self-derived) platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments are offered at Minnesota Regenerative Medicine for a variety of tissue regeneration applications. These include musculoskeletal regeneration, hair & skin regeneration, and sexual regeneration. Typically, either 60, or 120, or 180 milliliters of whole blood is drawn from a patient’s peripheral arm vein then spun in the Angel® centrifuge to separate the platelets from whole blood and platelet-poor plasma (PPP). Obtainable concentrations of isolated platelets using the Angel® Whole Blood Separation System is put to 18 times over baseline concentration of whole blood. PRP containing a concentrated myriad of growth factors is injected into injured or degenerative tissue areas to promote natural healing. When clinically indicated, real-time imaging (fluoroscopy or ultrasonography) is used to provide precision and accuracy during PRP deployment. PRP may be combined with stem cells since PRP stimulates stem cells to mitotically divide and differentiate.
Before & After Photos
PRP Treatments offered at MRM for musculoskeletal regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- An injured or painful tendon
- An injured or painful ligament
- An injured or painful joint
- An injured or painful muscle
- An injured or painful shoulder rotator cuff or labrum tear
- An injured or painful knee meniscus
PRP Treatments offered at MRM for hair or skin regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Hair regeneration for hair thinning, hair loss, hair miniaturization, or early scalp balding
- Skin regeneration to expedite healing after facial laser and/or RF skin resurfacing
PRP Treatments offered at MRM for men’s sexual health regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction, commonly referred to as E.D.
- Peyronie’s disease characterized by scar tissue formation in the soft tissue of the penis causing pain, abnormal curvature, decrease in girth and length
- P-Shot® (Priapus Shot®) for treating an injured or degenerative penis to improve erectile function, erectile firmness, girth size
To obtain more information about the Priapus Shot® click on the following link: PriapusShot.com
Our regenerative medicine specialist consults with each patient to customize a treatment plan specific to their needs, wants, and desired treatment results.