HD-PRP is simply blood plasma with high-density platelet rich plasma (HD-PRP) that has a platelet concentration that is 5-fold or greater above the baseline platelet concentration in whole blood. HD-PRP contains bioactive agents such as 30+ growth factors, cytokines, peptides, and proteins that are vital to initiating and promoting natural wound healing, tissue repair and regeneration.
Autologous High-Density Platelet-Rich Plasma (HD-PRP) Treatments Overview
Autologous (patient-derived) high-density platelet-rich plasma (HD-PRP) treatments are offered at Minnesota Regenerative Medicine for a variety of tissue regeneration applications. These include skin regeneration, hair & soft tissue regeneration, sexual regeneration, and musculoskeletal tissue regeneration. We offer three price tiers based on the amount of whole blood drawn by venipuncture. Either 60-mLs, 120-mLs, or 180-mLs of whole blood is drawn from a patient’s peripheral arm vein then spun in the Angel® System centrifuge to separate the platelets from whole blood into platelet-rich plasma (PRP), platelet-poor plasma (PPP), and red blood cells. Maximum obtainable concentrations of isolated platelet-rich plasma using the Angel® System is up to 18-fold over baseline concentration of platelets in whole blood. HD-PRP concentrations are routinely selected to be 5-fold or greater. HD-PRP, containing a concentrated myriad of 30+ growth factors, is injected into injured or degenerative tissue areas to promote natural healing. When clinically indicated, real-time imaging (fluoroscopy or ultrasonography) is used to provide precision and accuracy during HD-PRP injection. HD-PRP may be combined with bone marrow aspirate concentrate (BMAC) or fat aspirate concentrate (FAC), since HD-PRP stimulates biocellular cell populations within BMAC and FAC to mitotically divide and differentiate.
HD-PRP Treatments offered at MRM for musculoskeletal regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- An injured or painful tendon
- An injured or painful ligament
- An injured or painful joint or bone
- An injured or painful muscle
- An injured or painful shoulder rotator cuff or labrum tear
- An injured or painful knee meniscus
Autologous HD-PRP Treatments offered at MRM for hair or skin regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Hair regeneration for hair thinning, hair loss, hair miniaturization, or early genetic pattern baldness for biocellular hair restoration
- Skin regeneration for wound healing, scar improvement, fat grafting, correcting surface contours, or improving skin appearance
Autologous HD-PRP with BMAC or FAC Treatments offered at MRM for Men’s Sexual Health regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction, commonly referred to as ED
- Peyronie’s disease characterized by scar tissue formation in the soft tissue of the penis causing painful erections, painful intercourse, abnormal penile curvature, or a decrease in penile girth and length
- For penile girth enhancement (male enlargement) in the setting of a decrease in penile girth and length due to degeneration
To learn more about the Priapus Shot® click on the following link: Priapus Shot® Company Website
Our regenerative medicine specialist consults with each patient to customize a regenerative medicine treatment plan specific to the degenerative condition.