PRP is simply blood plasma with platelet rich plasma (HD-PRP) that has a platelet concentration that is 5-fold or greater above the physiologic baseline platelet concentration present in whole blood. PRP contains bioactive agents such as 30+ growth factors, cytokines, peptides, and proteins that are vital to initiating and promoting natural wound healing, tissue repair and regeneration.
Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatments Overview
Autologous (patient-derived) platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments are offered at Minnesota Regenerative Medicine for a variety of tissue regeneration applications. These include skin regeneration, hair & soft tissue regeneration, sexual regeneration, and musculoskeletal tissue regeneration. We offer three price tiers based on the amount of whole blood drawn by venipuncture. Either 60-mLs, 120-mLs, or 180-mLs of whole blood is drawn from a patient’s peripheral arm vein then spun in a centrifuge system to separate the platelets from whole blood into platelet-rich plasma (PRP), platelet-poor plasma (PPP), and red blood cells. PRP concentrations are routinely selected to be 5-fold or greater above physiologic baseline. The platelet concentration of whole blood and isolated PRP is determined at point of care using our HORIBA ABX Micros 60 Hematology Analyzer. Isolated PRP with verified 5-fold elevation of PRP concentration above physiologic baseline is injected into injured or degenerative tissue areas to promote natural healing. When clinically indicated, real-time imaging (fluoroscopy or ultrasonography) is used to provide precision and accuracy during PRP injection. PRP may be combined with bone marrow aspirate concentrate (BMAC) or fat aspirate concentrate (FAC), since PRP stimulates biocellular cell populations within BMAC and FAC to mitotically divide and differentiate.
PRP Treatments offered at MRM for musculoskeletal regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- An injured or painful tendon
- An injured or painful ligament
- An injured or painful joint or bone
- An injured or painful muscle
- An injured or painful shoulder rotator cuff or labrum tear
- An injured or painful knee meniscus
Autologous PRP Treatments offered at MRM for hair or skin regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Hair regeneration for hair thinning, hair loss, hair miniaturization, or early genetic pattern baldness for biocellular hair restoration
- Skin regeneration for wound healing, scar improvement, fat grafting, correcting surface contours, or improving skin appearance
Autologous PRP with BMAC or FAC Treatments offered at MRM for Men’s Sexual Health regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction, commonly referred to as ED
- Peyronie’s disease characterized by scar tissue formation in the soft tissue of the penis causing painful erections, painful intercourse, abnormal penile curvature, or a decrease in penile girth and length
- For penile girth enhancement (male enlargement) in the setting of a decrease in penile girth and length due to degeneration
To learn more about the Priapus Shot® click on the following link: Priapus Shot® Company Website
Our regenerative medicine specialist consults with each patient to customize a regenerative medicine treatment plan specific to the degenerative condition.