HD-PRP is simply blood plasma with high-density platelet rich plasma (HD-PRP) that has a platelet concentration that is 5-fold or greater above the baseline platelet concentration in whole blood. HD-PRP contains bioactive agents such as 30+ growth factors, cytokines, peptides, and proteins that are vital to initiating and promoting natural wound healing, tissue repair and regeneration.
Autologous High-Density Platelet-Rich Plasma (HD-PRP) Treatments Overview
Autologous (self-derived) high-density platelet-rich plasma (HD-PRP) treatments are offered at Minnesota Regenerative Medicine for a variety of tissue regeneration applications. These include skin regeneration, hair & soft tissue regeneration, sexual regeneration, and musculoskeletal tissue regeneration. Typically, three treatment volume options of either 60, or 120, or 180 mLs of whole blood is drawn from a patient’s peripheral arm vein then spun in the Angel® centrifuge to separate the platelets from whole blood into platelet-rich plasma (PRP), platelet-poor plasma (PPP), and red blood cells. Maximum obtainable concentrations of isolated platelet-rich plasma using the Angel® Whole Blood Separation System is to 18-fold or 18x over baseline concentration platelets in whole blood. HD-PRP concentrations are routinely selected to be 5-fold or greater, containing a concentrated myriad of 30+ growth factors, is injected into injured or degenerative tissue areas to promote natural healing. When clinically indicated, real-time imaging (fluoroscopy or ultrasonography) is used to provide precision and accuracy during HD-PRP deployment. HD-PRP may be combined with stem cells and SVF, since HD-PRP stimulates stem cells and SVF cell populations to mitotically divide and differentiate.
HD-PRP Treatments offered at MRM for musculoskeletal regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- An injured or painful tendon
- An injured or painful ligament
- An injured or painful joint or bone
- An injured or painful muscle
- An injured or painful shoulder rotator cuff or labrum tear
- An injured or painful knee meniscus
HD-PRP Treatments offered at MRM for hair or skin regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Hair regeneration for hair thinning, hair loss, hair miniaturization, or early genetic pattern baldness for biocellular hair restoration
- Skin regeneration for wound healing, scar improvement, fat grafting, correcting surface contours, or improving skin appearance
HD-PRP and Stem Cell (SVF) Treatments offered at MRM for Men’s Sexual Health regeneration include the following treatment conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction, commonly referred to as E.D.
- Peyronie’s disease characterized by scar tissue formation in the soft tissue of the penis causing painful erections, painful intercourse, abnormal penile curvature, or a decrease in penile girth and length
- ALMI ManShot for treating erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, painful erections, painful intercourse, and for penile girth enhancement (male enlargement) in the setting of a decrease in penile girth and length
- P-Shot® (Priapus Shot®) for treating an injured or degenerative penis to improve erectile function, erectile firmness, girth size
To learn more about the ALMI ManShot from the company website, click the following: ALMI ManShot Company Website
To learn more about the Priapus Shot® click on the following link: Priapus Shot® Company Website
Our regenerative medicine specialist consults with each patient to customize a regenerative medicine treatment plan specific to the degenerative condition.